Fire Awareness Training
Sep 23, 2019
The best way to survive a fire is to prevent one in the first place. With Fire Awareness Training you learn to recognise the triggers for a fire, how fires can start, and how you can prevent them from happening. Learn how to behave when a fire breaks out so you know the right things to do and keep the situation calm.
Plus, you get real experience in putting out a fire in our real fire training simulator. Prevent fires before they start. And if a fire should start, you and the people around you will be ready.
When you have Fire Safety Training not only do you get a better understanding of how to deal with fires, but how to prevent them in the first place. We offer three types of Fire Safety Training to protect you, your employees, and your business, school or college:
Who should attend a Fire Awareness course?
This course is designed for employees who have never received Fire Training or require an essential refresher. The training meets the requirements under the fire safety legislation (NI) 2010. The Legislation states that All Employees should have Fire Safety Training at Induction and periodically thereafter. This will prepare delegates should a fire break out.
It is a legal requirement that all employees undergo basic fire safety training at induction and periodically thereafter, expected annually in most workplaces. The training must be carried out by a competent person with suitable and sufficient skills and knowledge of fire safety.
Theory Session - Attendees will learn
- Employee responsibilities with regard to Fire Safety
- Video presentation of required action in the event of Fire in the workplace
- Video presentation of Fires
- PowerPoint Presentation: How Fires Start and How Fires Spread
- Safe Use of Fire Extinguishers
- The Correct Procedure to take in the Event of Fire
- Hands on use of Water, Foam, Co2 Extinguishers with the "Live" Fire Equipment
- Visual Demonstration of Fire Blanket
- Visual Demonstration using a Powder Extinguisher
- Presentation of the class of Fires and use of relevant Fire Extinguishers
Details & Booking
- Certificates will be awarded on successful completion of course
- Course Duration - Approximately 2 hours, depending on the number of delegates
- Course at your Premises - This course can be delivered on site at your workplace or at any convenient training location with suitable facilities. An external space will be required for the practical session
- Please contact us for a no obligation quote as multiple course discounts may apply
Want to know more about Fire Safety Training courses?
Head here for some more information about Fire Safety Training.
We'd love to talk to you and answer any questions you may have and talk through which training is right for you.
Call us on 01933 677125 or fill in the quick online form to discuss your Fire Safety needs today!