IS YOUR BUSINESS PREPARED FOR THE UNEXPECTED?
Fires aren’t planned but you can plan to be ready if a fire occurs, with the correct fire extinguisher, fully serviced and ready to use.
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT EXTINGUISHER FOR THE FIRE?
Different types of fires require certain types of fire extinguishers to tackle the fire effectively. Water for paper, CO2 for electrical fires etc. Using the wrong extinguisher can make the fire worse, and even endanger the user. That is why it’s extremely important to have the correct extinguishers for your business to deal with the fires you might experience.
The only way to do this correctly and protect your staff and business is to have a fire assessment from a fully qualified fire engineer, who will recommend the types of extinguisher needed and where to place them in your premises.
WHICH FIRE EXTINGUISHER IS BEST FOR ALL FIRES?
A dry powder extinguisher is suitable for tackling most types of fire, and this extinguisher can be identified by the blue band. This extinguisher can be used for fire classes A, B, C, and electrical fires. The powder agent within this fire extinguisher is a multipurpose dry chemical, and works by creating a barrier between the fuel element and the oxygen element on class A fires.
IS YOUR FIRE EXTINGUISHER SERVICING UP TO DATE?
Just having a fire extinguisher is not enough. Did you know that extinguishers lose their effectiveness over time? They can also get damaged, so need to be checked regularly to make sure they’re ready for service when you need it. After all, would you want to be in front of a fire with a non-functioning fire extinguisher? Regular servicing protects you, the people you work with and your business.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
At ISE Fire Products all our engineers are fully qualified in fire safety and extinguisher servicing, with regular training and certification (BS5306) to make sure our knowledge is kept up to date. We have been awarded the international quality standard ISO9001 for the supply and maintenance of fire extinguishers, recognising our training and quality standards.
If you're looking for a new service provider, we can visit and carry out a survey of your fire equipment, FOC, and provide you with a competitive quotation. We don’t believe in pushy sales, as we prefer to build long term relationships with our clients. If you already have extinguishers we will create a complete itinerary with colour coded map, give you a copy, and maintain the extinguishers to the latest BAFE SP101 standards.
Don’t get caught out, call today and find out if you are properly protected.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER SERVICE COMMITMENT
Our Commitment to You When Servicing Fire Extinguishers
- We will provide you with a fully trained, equipped, uniformed, professional and friendly engineer
- All engineers carry photo ID and Health & Safety cards. They are also DBS checked.
- Our engineers do not work on a commission or bonus basis for selling extra parts or extinguishers – they will only advise replacement of existing units when they are genuinely required!
- During our first visit, we will complete new itineraries and colour coded extinguisher location maps, and provide you with a copy.
- Extinguisher pins and tags are changed every year and colour coded – all maintenance labels are vinyl and are completed with an indelible pen.
- We are fully insured – £10million Public/Product Liability, £10m Employer Liability.
- Our Service Manager ensures that all work is booked in, and our engineers do not ‘just turn up’!
- ISE Fire are a 3rd Party BAFE Accredited fire extinguisher company – our certificate number is SPI0l/STI04-1241. We are UKAS IS09001 Registered and our Certificate No is QEC23416.
- We endeavour, at all times, to make sure we are easy to contact, friendly and approachable, respond quickly with quotes, enquiries, or complaints, via telephone, email, fax or post.
QUICK GUIDE TO FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
When it comes to fire extinguishers, there are four main types, and they are colour-coded to help you identify the right one to use. Old fire extinguishers were completely in the identifying colour, but following the latest regulation BS EN3, the body of the fire extinguisher is red, with a coloured band at the top to show the extinguisher type.
Use on Solids e.g. paper, wood, plastic.
Use on Solids and on Flammable Liquids e.g. oil, paraffin, petrol.
BLUE DRY POWDER
Use on Solids, Flammable Liquids and Flammable Gases e.g. butane, methane, propane.
Use on Electrical fires.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD FIRE EXTINGUISHERS BE TESTED?
A Fire Extinguisher Inspection should be carried out annually (every year), with service time starting at the date of installation. You can choose to have a higher frequency on inspections, but the minimum is once a year.
Call us today to book your Fire Extinguisher Inspection or Risk Assessment: 01933 677125