Fire Warden Training in Northamptonshire
Sep 17, 2019
Fire Warden Training
Do the people in your business know how to cope with a fire? When a fire happens, you have a much better chance of survival if you know what to do, and your business stands a better chance too.
Fire Wardens help play a key role in ensuring your business is prepared for a fire emergency by helping to develop effective emergency procedures. They can also help to prevent emergencies, e.g. by proactively checking for any fire hazards in the building. Fire wardens can also raise worker awareness of fire hazards and how they should respond in an emergency.
The Fire Warden’s duties will vary depending on the size of the premises and structure of the company. However, in general, these will include the following:
- Taking control of his/her section or floor of a building, should a fire occur, ensuring that everyone is safely evacuated, all heat producing appliances/ manufacturing plant is switched off, and all fire doors are closed.
- Ensuring all people in their section are aware of the emergency plan for his/her area, the location of extinguishers and how to use them, and the action to take in the event of a fire.
- Carrying out regular fire safety checks of their designated area, and reporting his/her finds to the Fire Safety Manager.
Fire Warden Training equips you to carry out this role effectively covering fire extinguishers and blankets. Plus, you get to use a real fire training simulator for experience in using fire extinguishers. Give yourself the best fire safety protection by booking a Fire Wardens Course.
A Fire Warden training course will help learners to understand how a fire may start and spread; how to assess and manage these risks in the workplace; and how to use fire fighting equipment. It is a proactive approach to health and safety management because fire wardens can identify fire hazards and dangers before a fire occurs.
- PREVENTION OF FIRE
- HANDS ON USE OF WATER, FOAM CO2 EXTINGUISHERS WITH THE ‘LIVE’ FIRE EQUIPMENT
- VISUAL DEMONSTRATION USING A POWDER EXTINGUISHER
- VISUAL DEMONSTRATION OF FIRE BLANKET
- PRESENTATION OF THE CLASS OF FIRES AND USE OF RELEVANT FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
- POWERPOINT OF REQUIRED ACTION IN THE EVENT OF FIRE IN THE WORKPLACE
- POWERPOINT PRESENTATION: HOW FIRES START AND HOW FIRES SPREAD
- INFORMATION OF FIRE WARDEN'S RESPONSIBILITIES
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues.
By booking an on-site Fire Warden training course, you benefit from:
- No need to travel or find accommodation
- Minimal time off work
- Location specific training
- A familiar environment
This course is delivered over 3-4 hours (half a day), depending on the number of attendees.
A certificate of competence will be issued to each individual, after successful completion of the course, so you know you are fire safe.
Have some more questions, or ready to book your Fire Warden Course? Get in touch today and find out how we can help.